On Friday, one of the parents at my school and I are presenting at a parent education coffee on how to create boundaries in the home. I think the dinner table is one of the most sacred things around, and I think this video from Common Sense Media helps remind us of that.
Here are a few things I'm wanting to discuss with families after watching this video:
- Who do you think is more of the guilty party in the home: students or parents?
- How often does your family gather together at the dinner table to intentionally be together?
- What are some good conversation starters you'd use around family dinner in your home?
- What would be the "cost" of having a device free dinner once a week? Every day?
- What's the "cost" of not having device free dinners?