This week's video blew my mind more than any I've seen in a while. CereProc, a company specializing in text-to-speech, basically raised JFK from the dead to deliver the speech he was on his way to give when he was assassinated. Take a look:
Here's what I'm thinking:
- This video was shot in 1963. What themes do you see that are still present today?
- Would you say this project is worthy of the time it took to produce it?
- Find someone who lived during JFK's presidency. What did they think of hearing this speech?
- How does the spoken word compare and contrast to the written word?
- What is the effect of using AI in this way? What power is there? What danger is there?
- Why might a Scottish company and a British news outlet be behind the making of this video?