Nike's new ad campaign erupted a fury of responses over the past week with Colin Kaepernick's statement, "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything." Although the print ad has received a little more attention, it comes from this video:
Here's what I plan to be discussing with students this week:
- "Calling a dream crazy isn't an insult; it's a compliment." Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
- "Believe in something. Even if it means losing everything." Do you agree with this statement? How does it affect this message to have Kaepernick in front of an American flag during this?
- Do you agree with Nike's choice to use this ad campaign? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Nike would use such a controversial issue?
- Many are responding to this ad campaign by boycotting Nike - do you think that's an appropriate response?
- Should we have "crazy" dreams? Why or why not?